This week, our team is working to restore an apartment complex in Covington that recently suffered property damages due to a kitchen fire. The fire started because a pot was left on the stove after the renter finished cooking. The renter believed he had turned the stove off, but one of the burners was accidentally left on. Shortly after leaving the apartment, a fire started.
Thankfully, the fire suppression system, a.k.a. the sprinklers, quickly extinguished the flames. The fire itself only damaged the kitchen, but soot and water from the fire suppression lines affected the entire apartment. The sprinklers in three parking garages underneath the apartment also initiated, soaking the ceilings and drywall.
In just a few weeks, our team has removed all materials determined to be unsalvageable (damaged beyond repair) and is working on drying the remaining structure.